I know you've heard the saying "the human body is a self-healing, self-renewing, and self-cleansing organism. With the "right" conditions, healthy and vibrant is the body's natural state. So I know you're wondering what is the "right" condition? How does one achieve or better yet maintain this "right" condition? With that being said, there are two key factors that contributes to the overall health of the body: nutrition and detoxification cleansing. Both factors equally contributing to how efficiently the body can renew, regulate, and regenerate cells and tissues, thus enabling the body to maintain homeostasis. Homeostasis- the ability or tendency to maintain internal stability an organism to compensate for environmental changes.
Here's how these two key factors contribute to your health:
1. Nutrition- A healthy diet to include raw and organic fruits and vegetables, grains, and legumes will provide the body with the necessary nutrients needed to sustain a healthy internal environment. Be sure to consume foods in its most pure and natural form will ensure that all enzymes remain intact. Consuming foods in its natural form is better for overall health in the prevention of disease and premature aging.
2. Detoxification cleansing- Approximately after eight hours of eating the body enters detoxification phase, the process in which the body eliminates itself of toxins and waste. During this phase, fasting for a minimum of 12 hours is recommended to ensure the process of elimination is complete. The detoxification phase is very important because this phase helps transitions the body for regeneration and rejuvenation! This is why fasting should be done alongside the detoxification process to help assist with the cleansing of the body.
Check back for quick and cheap, but effective detoxing tips.
The Skin is the body's largest organ and the first line of defense from the body's internals organs and the outside world. When the skin is healthy, it's layers work diligently to protect our body from bacteria, viruses, and dangerous chemicals that we encounter on a daily basis. But, when the skin is unhealthy and compromised, it effects it's ability to be a barrier between the internal and external environments. Consider this, the skin is a doorway into the internal realms of your soul! Okay that may be a little extreme, but you get my drift! One thing for sure that we all can definitely agree, is that your skin reveals the story of your life. The skin health can provide as much details into someone's life as a biography would. This is why I personally like to say that "your skin speaks for you." I believe that your skin makes a statement before you actually utter a word. Imagine that! Your skin is a presentation all by itself; it reveals age, nutrition, ethnicity, medical history, and so much more about an individual. The skin is th ultimate multitasker of the human body and that is why healthy skin is imperative!
Here are some key factors in maintaining Healthy Skin:
1. Healthy Nutrition- What you eat is as important as the products that you put on your skin. Your diet could improve your skin health from the inside out, so a clear complexion begins with eating a healthy diet. As they say: healthy diet healthy skin!
2. Keep your stress in check- Several research has shown a link between stress levels and skin problems. It is suspected that stress increases the quantity of sebum in the skin, which is the oily substance that clogs pores. This, in turn, leads to greater chances of acne breakouts.
3. Keep the skin moisturized- By keeping the skin moisturized, it keeps the skin hydrated to prevent from dry and itchy skin. Dry skin can cause ruptures in the skin, thus breaking the barrier of protection on your skin.
4. Get your beauty rest- I know you have heard this before, but listen this time, but during deep sleep, your body enters repair mode and regenerates skin, muscles, blood, and brain cells. Without adequate sleep, your body is unable to produce new collagen, which prevents your skin from sagging.
Shaquana Shotwell- CEO & Founder of Treasure Universe &TreasureU Skincare. Lover of all things beauty, advocate of health and wellness, and spiritual life coach.